Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Preciou.s.s.s.s.s.s

My preciou.s.s.s.s is in the hospital. Sniff, sniff. The wireless connection wouldn't connect any more and I have no clue what is wrong. The staff at Frys said that if the card for the wireless is dead, it can be replaced in house and that will take seven days. If the motherboard is fried, the computer has to go back to HP and that will take six or seven weeks. WEEKS! Yikes. This loaner is probably perfectly nice, but it doesn't have any of my stuff in it, all my important documents, my pictures, my....everything!!! It is all backed up on a server in the house, but I don't want to put it on a temporary computer, and so, it's not easily accessible.

The weird thing about electronics is how cheap things get, and how quickly. My computer, which is still under warranty (phew), cost just over $700.00. The loaner, which is comparable and is supposed to do everything mine does, costs $389.00. Wow. If I hadn't had the warranty, I would just have bought this one, I guess.

No comments: