Monday, May 16, 2016

The Future Might Be Here


from The New Yorker


Yesterday, Sunday, my husband ordered a new router for our computers from Amazon: same day delivery, free. Last night as we were getting in the car to leave for dinner, a long, shiny black limousine pulled up in front of our house.

The driver got out, I walked to the street to meet him, curious about his being in front of our house at all.

He was delivering the router. No joke. Amazon's delivery vehicle was a limo with a limo driver. He told me that his car is, in fact, a limo, and that he is, in fact, a limo driver. But when demand for limo service is slow, he delivers packages for Amazon.  

Well I never.....



The cartoon is a joke, i.e., not serious, i.e. not real.

I wonder how long, though, before it IS reality.

No comments: