Tuesday, February 9, 2021

My Goodness

I just saw that I haven't posted since October. I guess because life has been so busy and fascinating and exciting since then?

Nope. Just boring and very Groundhog Day-ish.

The other day, my knitter daughter sent a photo of a hat she was going to make and mentioned that it required DK yarn and that she would have to go to the yarn shop near her.  NO! said I. I have LOTS of DK weight yarn.  A few years ago I sorted all of my yarn by weight, and I was sure I had more DK weight yarn than I could ever use. I offered to send my DK stash to her. She accepted, I went to retrieve it and lo and behold, I had exactly NO DK weight yarn.

However, I discovered that I have LOTS of fingering weight yarn.

SIX POUNDS of fingering weight yarn.



I know that I bought it bit by bit, but really?  Six pounds of a weight of yarn that I have no idea what to do with?

So that is exciting, right?



Now on to the $%^& virus that has kept us from normal lives since last spring.  I am lucky to be over 65 so that I qualified for the vaccine program and I've already received my second shot. First shot? No problems. Second shot? Chills, fever, aches. Something like 20% of people get reactions to the second dose, and anyone who has already had Covid is more likely to get flu-like reactions according to a study in the UK.  

I don't think I've had Covid, so I guess it's just luck of the draw for most of the 20%. At any rate, it's better than getting Covid, so

GET YOUR SHOTS when you are eligible. Tell them Knittergran sent you.  

 


1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

You could make a lot of fingerless mitts with 6 pounds of fingering yarn!