Monday, September 7, 2020

One Success/One Fail


I finally, FINALLY, finished this scarf:


It is the Perfect Blend by Casapinka using Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply Toes in the Casapinka Perfect Blend colorway.

I say "finally" because I began working on this on May 14th.  It's a scarf, not a complicated stranded or cabled sweater, but it sure took a long time.  And yes, I'm wearing it in this photo because I wore it indoors while I watched Serena Williams win her match at the US Open. Really, where else can I wear it? The grocery store? I hope by the time cool weather arrives we can go places again. Wear masks y'all!

Now for the fail:

My first ever in this century part whole wheat bread.  Brand new King Arthur yeast and Harvest Grains Blend,



brand new King Arthur bread flour, brand new King Arthur whole wheat flour, and I followed the King Arthur recipe exactly.



It just didn't rise enough in either of the two rises.  So here it is.  It tastes really good; it's just kind of...flat.




So maybe next time?

No comments: