Thursday, June 12, 2008

Half a Project Completed, But New Yarn Beckoning




I have half of a pair of socks finished, i.e., one sock. But when I went in to the LYS yesterday, new sock yarn shouted out to me, "Take me home!" And I did. And I want to start knitting with it, but I have NEVER started a second pair of socks before I have finished the pair OTN. The problem with starting the second sock is that I will have to unwind the ball to find the proper color to start with in order to have even remotely identical socks. But I'm lazy, so maybe I will just make fraternal-ish socks. Decisions, decisions.....
The new yarn is Paca-Ped H-T, color: Carribean Chocolate---YUM! It is a superwash Alpaca sock yarn (100g hand-dyed) with 25g. of co-ordinating heel & toe yarn for reinforcement. The yarn itself is from Peru, but it is dyed in the US. It is so soft that it is now my new favorite sock yarn---until the next new yarn at the LYS shouts out to me.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh! I was just gifted some of that Paca-Ped, but in the colourway #606 Frosty Nite

http://www.thealpacayarnco.com/images/Ped606swatch.JPG

So far, all I've done with it is pet it. Any specific sock pattern you use?

knittergran said...

Nice gift!!!
No decision on the pattern yet---I'm still petting it, and rushing to finish the Noro sock...