Thursday, July 30, 2009

Two TV Show Reviews for the Price of One

Two times zero is still zero, right?

Wallander
Stars: Kenneth Branagh.

Wallander, a PBS Masterpiece Theatre mini-series, shows Mr. Branagh concentrating, observing, worrying, seeing, thinking, pondering, sleeping, studying, being comatose (now stop that, Knittergran), and ....well, I don't know what else because his face looks pretty much the same no matter what he is doing. Because most of the running time of each episode shows Branagh concentrating, observing, worrying, well, you know, there isn't much dialog, action, or even plot, really.

As a result, I've had lots of time to notice that Kenneth Branagh has a freakishly small mouth and almost no lips. It's quite odd.

Burn Notice

Stars: Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell, Sharon Gless

Sigh.

The sky is beautiful.

The ocean is beautiful.

The palm trees are beautiful.

The nighttime sparkly Miami is beautiful.

The people are beautiful.

The plot is irrelevant.

And it's funny!

Every time I watch it, I want to move back to Florida. Florida without the humidity.

The End.

6 comments:

hokgardner said...

Thanks to you, I'm addicted to Burn Notice. It's like Miami Vice if Miami Vice had a sense of humor.

calicobebop said...

I watched Wallander because my mom read all of the books and loved them. I agree - it was somewhat depressing and slow. I guess that's how they work up in the frozen north.

Sigrun said...

The reviews are good, but really: How are you after your mishap?

knittergran said...

Thanks for asking-I'm quite astonished at how much I still hurt all over after two days. Geeze...you'd think I was old and slow to recover or something!

Keeffer said...

i wish i could watch burn notice season three, but i don't want to skip ahead as i haven't seen burn notice season 2.

Mary Ellen said...

I love Burn Notice, too. It makes me want to live in Miami, but I know I still wouldn't be living in those fancy houses or looking like those beautiful people.

I guess it's better for me to indulge in fantasy via my television!