Wednesday, May 9, 2018

The Long National Nightmare is Over



Well, OK, my long local nightmare is over.  And it wasn't actually a nightmare, just an annoying process.  A long annoying process.

I finished Papillon!!!  Yay!!!  Now I don't have to knit it any longer.  Phew.



For all the knitters out there, if you love short rows, this is your project.  For knitters like me, who find short rows annoying because I can't figure out where I turned the knitting around if I lose count, so I can't then count again because I don't know where I made the wrap and turn (that might not have made sense but I know what I mean), it's an endless knit.  Almost literally.

But it's finished and blocking and all that's left is weaving in a few ends.  I can't imagine why I picked these colors...it must have been the yarn fumes at SAFF last fall.  But it's finished and it's mine.  yay?


5 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

It's beautiful! And I'm betting you'll LOVE those colors once September rolls around again. My taste in colors is very seasonal.

knittergran said...

I hope that's the case---currently, I'm holding a grudge against an inanimate object!

Jono said...

It does look difficult, but quite beautiful.

knittergran said...

Thank you! I'm getting used to the colors....

thelma said...

Lovely, the colours are just right and the 'papillion' theme has been been knitted expertly, even though you don't like short rows....