Sunday, July 26, 2009

Hey!!!!!

What happened???

It's eerily quiet here...

Oh, rats. My daughters and grandchildren went back to their respective homes. And we were having such fun!

See???

Poor older daughter was so tired (Elizabeth just wouldn't sleep through the night) that she fell asleep on the floor and her three older children attacked her. (Not really - though I bet she could have fallen asleep on the floor!)

They all arrived on Saturday, and on Monday, my HERO, the dishwasher repairman came and fixed my dishwasher. Yay! But now my washing machine is leaking. It's a million years old, so it may just be begging to go to "a better place," as younger daughter's abridged copy of Little Women said about where Beth went when she died. Years later when we were discussing the book and we mentioned Beth's death, younger daughter said, "She died!!! I thought she went to the beach."

For grandson, though, a better place is his own home, with his daddy, his bedroom, and his bed. The poor little guy was so homesick that we once found him at the front door, trying to get the door open while crying, "I want to go home."

So now they are all home, and I'm off to do laundry......or not.....

4 comments:

calicobebop said...

OMG - Beth went to the beach? That is too funny. Funny, but sad. I guess the beach would be a better place than civil war America...

Glad you had a great visit! Must be pretty quiet now!

hokgardner said...

It may be eerily quiet at your house, but it's not here!

Sigrun said...

Funny about Beth. Oh, to have little ones. If my grandkids jumped on me it would hurt. They're all taller than I am. One of the girls is likely coming to stay on the first August weekend, but she's 17, so it's nice company in a different way.

Unknown said...

the washing machine is jealous that the dishwasher got attention