Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whew!

-Dr. Johnston-(photo not the result of stalking : http://www.sos-atlanta.com/)

I just returned from an appointment with my very cute orthopedic surgeon (although I think he may be just barely out of high school so forget I called him cute) and I do NOT need surgery again on the knee I had surgery on last summer. What I thought was a repeat injury (torn meniscus) is instead two injuries: an inflamed bursa (which in those people older than I is called bursitis) and patellar tendinitis. I injured the knee about two weeks ago, and because I believe that most things get better on their own, I ignored it until today, when there was an available appointment.

So now I have a weird strap that goes across my knee in order to help the tendon heal, but also sits right on top of the bursa area - OUCH! - so I may have to give up wearing it.

Anyway, with some ice and ibuprofen, this will get better almost on its own. Again, WHEW!

No comments: