Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why I Should Live at the PO

Not by Eudora Welty
Because I've been to the freaking PO twice today!

If I had a brain, I'd be more organized and only go once.

OR, if I had the appropriate drugs, I wouldn't be so OCD that I am compelled to take things to the PO the moment they are ready to be mailed.

I was supposed to leave today for SAFF in Asheville, North Carolina, but I returned from Austin with a crummy bug and it's lingered and lingered. I'm enough better today to try and catch up with the week's errands, and---go to the PO twice. If I can get myself together, I can drive up tomorrow and join my friends there. A big if at this point, thanks to my lack of brains or drugs or both.

2 comments:

SQM said...

....try our ginger tea....ingredients: fresh ginger root, one fresh lemon, honey.....cut up and simmer some pieces of the ginger root for about 20 minutes...juice the lemon....we keep ours in a half-gallon mason jar....put the juice and as much honey to make it as sweet as you would like it in the jar....pour the ginger water over the juice and honey and stir until the honey is dissolved....drink it hot or cold....it will make you sweat....we use it for most of what ails us....hope you feel better....

Keeffer said...

I've needed to go to the post office since January and still haven't mailed the stuff. I definitely didn't get your post office compulsion.