Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An Hour Gone By

Many of you (no one) have asked, "Where do you do all of the creative things you do?"

Well, here it is, my office/adjunct kitchen/storage room.
Impressive, no?

I gave up on winding each ball of the Koigu sock bits as I needed it and took the thirteen remaining skeins to the basement to wind all at once. I learned this:
Put a knot in the end of the yarn that you put in the winder. That way if something hangs up while you are starting to wind, the yarn won't pull out. I didn't learn this myself; the Koigu people put a knot in one end of each skein and I eventually figured out that it could serve a purpose. It's probably what they intended.

This is also my scrapbooking area. How is my scrapbooking going? Well, it's going nowhere. I have been stalled on the four scrapbooks for my grandchildren since there were only three grandchildren. Knitting took over my life.
Winding the yarn was a lot more difficult than I had figured. Some of the skeins were an unholy mess. Some I had to wind from both directions in order to untangle them. It took an HOUR to wind eleven small skeins.

Do you see that red tangle there? Oh, yes. It looks all pretty and innocent, but it broke me. I could not untangle it no matter what I did. It exhausted my poor logic skills and almost exhausted my patience.

Did I give up? Did I quit like a certain half-term governor?
Why yes, I did. I'll sort it out by hand later. After I do some Zen-restoring knitting.

Or I'll take it to Los Angeles this weekend for younger daughter, who has unlimited patience for this sort of thing, to do.

Right, S?

6 comments:

hokgardner said...

I have never seen your storage room in such a state of disarray!

Unknown said...

Did I quit like a certain half-term governor? LOL!!

knittergran said...

hokgardner-had I cleaned it up when you were here last summer? It ALWAYS looks like this.

calicobebop said...

Oooo, I'm jealous of your creative space! Have a bag next to the couch. And that's it. OH - and a yarn stash in the closet. My stuff gets no respect.

Keeffer said...

yes, you can bring the yarn to LA. i will take care of it.

Sigrun said...

I love untangling yarn as a procrastination activity--when I have something to do that I don't want to do--then I tackle some messy yarn. (It's OK. I get to be immature at my age)