Tuesday, September 9, 2008

And The Winner Is...

The first occasional Knitter Gran Funnybone Award goes to:

(Imagine drum roll here)

Mad, Mad. Check out her blog “I really, really need a job,” and then--- come back!!! There’s more!!!

Her story about what her daughter said when asked to tell us/the class/the school/the whole world about her parents is hysterical and she does a great job telling it. I laughed out loud, a lot. But it did make me wonder, what if.....

I am happy that, to my knowledge, my two daughters were never asked to talk about their parents. When we lived in Florida, I lived, ate, breathed, slept, dreamed tennis; I was even a USTA tennis official for awhile, working as a line judge and chair umpire at professional tournaments. When I wasn’t doing that, I was playing tennis---lots and lots of tennis. I LOVED tennis.

One day when I was driving home from the club, younger daughter, who had been at the club’s pool, said that another girl there had asked her where her mother was. She answered that I was playing tennis. The friend asked if I was any good. Younger daughter’s answer? “No, she’s never been on tv.” Well, yes I had as matter of fact, but as a line judge, not as a player. But still…

Anyway, I imagine that if my daughter were in the same situation that Mad Mad’s was and had been asked to "tell us/the class/the school/the world" about her parents, she would have said:

She’s not any good at tennis.


(And a big thank you! to hokgardner for suggesting that I check out Mad Mad's blog)

4 comments:

hokgardner said...

Then there was the time younger daughter told her teacher it was your fault she hadn't done her homework because you were too busy playing tennis to help her.

MadMad said...

Aw, moi? Thank you veddy much! I am especially appreciative because the last thing I won? Yesterday: the "honor" of being room mom for my son. Yup. So you can see how I might have needed the pick me up.

Keeffer said...

i was going to say, "remember when i didn't get my book reports done because you were too busy playing tennis?"

besides, when people asked me (or ask me) what my mom does, i always say, "she's a teacher." or "she was a teacher."

so there.

knittergran said...

And just whose book reports were they???