Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yay! Another FO!

After taking two months to finish one pair of socks, I've now finished three projects in about two weeks. This is a sweater for my grandson, who will be two next Wednesday. I found the receipt for this yarn when I pulled the yarn out of the bag to begin knitting. I bought the yarn on September 17, 2007---grandson's first birthday. Although it sounds as if it took a year to knit the sweater, it didn't really; it was only on the needles for about the last two weeks. However, it was supposed to have been done in time for Christmas last year. Ooops...

The yarn is Jelli Beanz and I do like knitting with it. There are lots of choices of primary colors for the background color, with even more primary colors worked into the yarn. It is 75% wool and 25% nylon. The pattern is from Ann Norling and I love using it for children's sweaters. It's knitted top down, and there are instructions for four different yarn weights, cardigan or pullover versions, and three different necklines.

5 comments:

SQM said...

....good lookin' sweater....i lived in Dekalb, then Gwinnett counties for years....and we've heard about the Lake Lanier drying up....and the terrible drought up your way.....now we're in Camden county....

Unknown said...

I like it!

hokgardner said...

It's beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person.

Amanda said...

Is that Plymouth's yarn? I've seen it up close in sweaters by a member of my knitting group. It's a lovely wee jumper.

knittergran said...

Yes, it's Plymouth and it's nice to work with. All the colors are great for kids' sweaters.
Thanks!