Monday, September 15, 2008

New Stash

Well, this will teach me to brag about how little stash I have. I went to last Thursday's Knit Night at my local LYS and this Colinette Jitterbug (color: Lapis) just jumped right out at me! Really, it did. So I had no choice and this beautiful yarn is soon to join my sock stash---just as soon as I stop petting and admiring it. I am working on another project at the moment and haven't had the "knit socks now" bug hit yet.

Also, I just found TWO grammatical errors in my last blog. GASP! I am an English teacher, and I proofread and proofread and proofread. Geeze...

And another also: I drove to Clemmons, NC this past weekend to a friend's house. It is 307 miles driveway to driveway. On Saturday we drove from her house to Blowing Rock and back . I don't know how far that is because part of the drive is on the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is gorgeous, and I look out the windows, paying no attention to anything but the view. Anyhoo, on the whole drive, I saw only five bumper stickers: three for Obama, one for McCain, and one for Ron Paul. This surprised me, but maybe it's just too early to have many bumper stickers around. I only have two stickers; one says SSK, which allows knitters to find each other in public parking lots (this hasn't happened to me yet, but it could, theoretically) and one which says FSM, the logo for the Flying Spaghetti Monster (described as an internet parody of religion). I have nothing against religion except for the followers who are nutjobs, and I see way too many bumper stickers in Bible Belt Land that say things like "Atlanta Belongs to Jesus" and "Everyone Knows that God is a Republican." So my FSM is my silent and very ineffective response to those people. Some rebel I am.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

all hail flying Spaghetti Monster, ramen.

knittergran said...

"ramen" I get it!!!
hee, hee, hee