Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Genius!

Whoever invented blocking wires, or saw wires lying around and thought “I can use these for blocking," should get some sort of prestigious and valuable award. They are simply genius!!!

I’ve just used them for blocking my second Peruvian Tweed Shawl and it was so much easier to block something so large than it was with just pins as I did with the first Peruvian Tweed Shawl. It was blocking that one with millions of pins that convinced me to order the wires from Knit Picks.

And here's the shawl!


Update: The saddleback caterpillars are dead, dead, dead. I'm sorry for the damage that this causes the whole cycle of nature and the ecosystem and whatever else they are a part of, but those suckers HURT! Dh squished them. Whew......

7 comments:

hokgardner said...

Pretty shawl! My blocking wires arrived last week, and I can't wait to use them.

Unknown said...

lovely shawl.

And give DH a kiss from me for ridding the world of those nasty buggers.

Sigrun said...

Looks like I'll have to get a set of blocking wires. Pretty shawl!

sallyknit said...

I ordered blocking wires yesterday. Glad to know that crop of yucky caterpillars won't be producing any moths!

Suna Kendall said...

Love the color on that.

Mary Ellen said...

I need a blocking lesson - I know I'm supposed to do it, but I'm not sure how. Now there are wires? I have got to take a class or something!

calicobebop said...

SO PRETTY!! Way out of my league, but I can totally appreciate the effort. So, is it for you? Or one of your daughters? Or me? :)