Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A Break

I'm taking a break from knitting the skirt. I swear that I just keep knitting and knitting and never seem to make any progress. I have no idea how SallyKnit finished hers so long ago and I'm still struggling. (She's a faster knitter, perhaps?)

The LYS has this sweater on display and I love it. So I'm making it for Elizabeth's second birthday in October.
But I'm not using Noro; I have problems with Noro. The yarn breaks on me. Where there are changes in the strand and one is tied to another, the staff at Noro seems to make no effort to match up the colors, and I end up with an abrupt color change. I love the colors but not the yarns. Instead, I am using Rowan felted tweed, which I love knitting with. It's a beautiful raspberry color, which doesn't show up well in the photo, but it really is pretty!

I do realize, however, after spending a fair amount of time this afternoon frogging rows of the lace, that had I used the Noro, mistakes wouldn't have been so obvious as they are in this yarn, and I could have CHEATED and faked the fixes!!!

Elizabeth will just have to be happy with a perfect sweater.......

It is knitting up really quickly and I may even have it finished by the end of the weekend!

1 comment:

Mary said...

oh yay! I always wonder if those sample sweaters really do inspire anyone! love yours in the RFT - that is one of my favorite yarns...especially for anything lacy.