Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Really, Really Random Ramblings

Younger daughter trapped in a suddenly stopped elevator
in Los Angeles.  She doesn't look too stressed.
She was rescued in 15 minutes.
This could be Molly in our Christmas tree.
But it's not.
We don't have a tree.
This could be Baxter in our Christmas tree.
It's not.
We don't have a Christmas tree.

I miss having a tree.
Maybe next year.








I have discovered knitting mittens!  They are fun to knit---as much fun as socks and much better in the immediate gratification category.  


And because I am, as always, generous, I am sharing this um...singer with you:

Florence Foster Jenkins (July 19, 1868 – November 26, 1944) was a wealthy woman who truly believed that she was gifted singer.  She hired out Carnegie Hall, orchestras, and pianists to accompany her.  She had records made.

Audiences attended her concerts to ridicule her, but on she sang.  She is reported to have said: People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing.

I think she is a pretty good example of determination...and denial.

Merry Christmas Y'all!

3 comments:

Cape Coop said...

Sweet post!

Sigrun said...

You have to try Newfoundland mitts. they are addictive. Check my Rav projects to see the three pairs I made just recently. They make the ugliest variegated yarns look good. There are many more of these in my future.

Happy that the daughter isOK. Sorry you don't have a tree.
Detest the word verification.














Susan said...

Love the mittens - and here's to a tree next year!