Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Willpower. I Have None.


My older daughter, who is a knitter, has been visiting and I decided we should go visit Eat, Sleep, Knit in Smyrna. Just to introduce HER to the shop, you understand. I've been there before. I was just the driver.

I used to have an LYS where I went to knit nights, but the owner discontinued them. I can buy yarn anywhere, and I'm not about to drive out of my way to go there to knit when I have no idea when other knitters might stop by during the day; we came from a very widespread area in and around Atlanta. So there are no knit nights where I used to fondle yarns, look at what others were knitting and get enabled inspired. ESK has become my shop of choice when I need to TOUCH yarn I might want to buy. They have more yarn than any shop I've ever been to.

So off we went to ESK. I am really, really certain that there must be a way to get there without going on the interstates. I just don't know where that way is. Both the Garmon and Google maps kept pointing us to I 75 and 285.  

NO! replied Knittergran, who, it must be said, has very little geographical sense. So I kept going hither-and-yon trying to find the way that MUST exist, and ended up, both going and returning, on the aforementioned interstates, strictly out of desperation (and because I was lost).  

RATS. 

So, even though only my daughter was going to buy yarn, I somehow ended up with two skeins of yet more sock yarn. I promised myself that they would not end up as socks, since I already have a lot of socks, and an even larger amount of sock yarn. What they will be I can't yet say. Ravelry searches will occur.

You tell me that you could have resisted these gorgeous colors from Hedgehog Fibres:

Color:  Medusa

Color:  Pod

If you do say you could have resisted, I refuse to believe you, unless you are not a fiber artist, like me. (I was once actually called that! But I demurred. I'm nothing if not humble.)

No comments: