Sunday, February 5, 2017

Who Says


that you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Yesterday, I learned this new cast on:





It took me several tries, and when I finally got it, I was still as clumsy as I was the first time. It involves Magic Loop techniques, which I also had to learn a little of, but I did it, and now I have this:




which is the beginning of a pinwheel blanket using up at least some of my sock yarn leftovers.


Ah, yes.  Peterson's book.  We had a Cooper's hawk at our pond yesterday.
Don't eat our fish!!!



Baxter promises not to touch any of this yarn or my blanket or my knitting needles so that I can leave this project out and pick it up for a few stitches or rounds when I feel like it. No completion date on the horizon.  

This old dog rocks the circular cast on!

1 comment:

Jono said...

It is amazing stuff, but I have so little understanding of it. Maybe knitting would be a good thing for me to learn while my fingers still work.