Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Made It! Sort of...




The hat is finished and is almost dry.  I made it with .3 oz to spare!


However, the hat seems very skimpy to me; it's only 7" tall. I've already ordered more yarn, two skeins this time, and I'll make the second hat with 4" of brim, and I'll make the large size, or the s/m size with one size larger needles.  Haven't decided yet.

Knitting, at least mine, is not a precise science.  That's why I tend to make sweaters that don't fit the original intended recipient. But maybe I should have taken a hint from the name of the pattern:  Ribs 'n Cables BEANIE.  Not Ribs 'n Cables HAT.



1 comment:

thelma said...

It looks good the finished hat, just made a fairisle one, but I am never happy with what I knit. But am stocking up on things for the winter, wool for a jumper, some sashiko sewing and patchwork!