Friday, January 6, 2012

Books Books Books


What to do about books.

I big, puffy red heart my Kindle. Love, love, love it.
(And I love, love, love Catherine the Great:  Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie)

But I have lots of books...

TV room bookshelves:
Hallway bookshelves:
Living room bookshelves:

There are more in the basement.

And they are bugging me.

I am the opposite of a hoarder. I can't stand to have things around that I don't need or use. I am Goodwill's friend and now that they have opened a center near me, I am a frequent donor. But I don't know what to do about the books.

I was an English major and college was heaven: read books; write about books. What's not to like? And I thought I would never like an e-Reader. Boy howdy, was I wrong.

So I have all this space taken up by books and I'd love to donate the ones I know I will not read again to the library system. But what to do with all of the space......

I may have come up with a solution---yarn storage space!!! Where I can see the yarn!!!

I don't have a huge stash but it may be out-of-hiding-from-Baxter time for my yarn.

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

The answer is Knitting books.

Susan said...

There are also school which have been hit by disasters who need books for their libraries!

I thin my books out but I will never be able to empty the shelves!

Leslie Parsley said...

When I moved into my apartment I had to sell over 1000 books - had already sold several hundred in the process of moving here and there. Had the shelves but not the wall space. It was like selling my soul. I've missed them enormously and hate that I don't have the knowledge and comfort of my old friends.