Sunday, June 30, 2013

A couple of years ago I bought two colors of laceweight Miss Babs yarn to make a particular pattern.  However, I think they sold me the wrong weight by mistake because the resulting scarf would have been the proper size for an American Girl Doll.  So I ripped it out and saved the yarn for future use.  Then I learned how to do an advanced search on Ravelry and looked for a two-color project requiring 400 yards of each color of laceweight yarn.  And there it was, the Pink Silk Mimosa, designed by Jennette Cross at Hill Country Weavers in Austin, Texas.

And here it is!!!  All finished and blocked.  I love it!





I ran out of turquoise yarn and could have taken out two rows in order to do the bind-off row, but I decided to use the brown and keep the extra length on the lace. This is the closest I have ever come to running out of yarn!


I had about 12 inches of turquoise left (and Baxter tried to eat it) and about six yards of brown.

Phew!

No comments: