Wednesday, November 6, 2013

To the Man Stocking Shelves at Target Yesterday

Sir:

I am really, really sorry.  I know you were just doing your job, stocking shelves, and when you asked me if I was finding everything ok, you were OMG not expecting me to tell you the history of my broken ankle.  

How I broke it on October 5th and how I haven't been to a store since before then (except for an LYS).  And how I am so THRILLED to be allowed to drive again, even though I have to wear an air cast when I drive, and then I have to change back into the walking cast before I get out of the car and GAH!!!  What a nuisance! And how I won't find out until November 19th if I still need the boot, and how much I hated using crutches and thank goodness I don't have to do that anymore, and how I've had so many xrays that I might start to glow in the dark---hah hah hah--- and...

Uh oh.  

I suddenly realized that you didn't want to know ANY of this and that I was rambling on and on and on because I was so happy to be out of the house and in a place where there are ACTUAL OTHER PEOPLE!!!

You were SO polite.  When I (thank the baby cheeses) stopped talking at you, you offered that if I needed any help, I could just ask any Target employee (hoping it wouldn't be you, I'm guessing) and that if my ankle started bothering me, I should remember that there were riding electric shopping carts in the store that I could use.  

Really, you were SO nice.  Thank you.  

If you see me in your store again, you don't have to run to another aisle or into the storeroom to avoid me.  And next time, if you ask me if I am finding everything ok, I will smile, I will say yes, and I will thank you.  And I will go on my way.

I promise. 


I really, really need my life back.  
Knit, ankle bones, knit.



2 comments:

Susan said...

You are so funny! I am glad you found a kind ear to babble about your happiness.

Glennis said...

Sweet and funny! I'm sure the person at Target did not regret encountering you!