Saturday, February 7, 2015

Stash


The Yarn Harlot once mentioned in a post that she was "tossing" her yarn, and for a brief time, readers panicked, thinking that she was throwing yarn away. ACK!  Who does that??And why weren't we invited?

Turns out, she was just going through her stash, petting it, checking it for moths, petting it, admiring it, thinking about which yarn would work with which projects, and then re-stashing it. She is Canadian, and I guess that's a term they use that means something different to US readers.

Today I "tossed" my stash and discovered that I have mostly sock yarn. I have enough sock yarn to never again need to buy sock yarn (not that that will stop me), but I decided that I need to widen my horizons. I don't want to knit only socks.

I started this toss because I wanted to find stash yarn to make Stephen West's Spectra scarf.

At knit night two weeks ago, a knitter was wearing one, a spectacular one, owing to the colors she had chosen.  So I want mine to be even MOAR spectacular, of course.  

These are some options (the solid color is the center skein):




The lighting is bad, but you get the idea.  

I had chosen the green in the second photo, but then decided to see what else there was and came up with the others.

Decisions...Decisions...Decisions.



Bonus-an old joke:

Person A:  Do you have trouble making decisions?  

Person B:  Well, yes and no.

Hah!


1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

There is no such thing as too much sock yarn.