Saturday, February 20, 2016

Focus!


I finished these socks yesterday; I started them in MAY of last year. Yikes. 

They aren't even remotely identical but I knit them from a Gale's Art sock flat, which is yarn already knit up, dyed and stamped, and you unravel the flat piece of knitting as you go. I'm not sure that it would be possible to cut the yarn to get identical socks; I doubt it.The yarn is all squiggly (technical term) and a little difficult to control. I'm sure I didn't get gauge because the squiggles (technical term) wouldn't allow me to hold the yarn tightly, but then, I never really try to get gauge, so it doesn't actually matter. (Don't tell the knitting police on me!) Kitchenering the toe was really fiddly because of all the squiggles.



AND, last week I finished my Easy Folded Poncho in this purple silk. The yarn, Shibui Knits Heichi, has been discontinued, and I can't imagine why. It drapes beautifully. Shibui! Re-think this decision, please!



So now I am laser-light focussed on finishing up projects before I begin another.

Hah, hah, hah, hah, hah............

1 comment:

hokgardner said...

I think maybe I need ot make one of those ponchos. I coveted yours.