Saturday, January 27, 2018

I Might Be Crazy, part 2


Before sallyknit arrived to teach Connie and me how to knit Papillon, I got my yarn out, untwisted the skein, and put it on the swift.  

But the yarn had been so badly skeined that I couldn't wind it. It turned into this:

Feza Yarns Uneek fingering

I can't even...

So I pulled out the second skein and decided to wait for whoever arrived first to help me wind it. Poor Connie was the first victim  guest. She and I tried to wind the second skein, but it was as badly skeined as the first.

Now it looks like this, after three of us tried to wind it by hand:




I knitted with a small bit of yarn that we could untangle, and dH has been working on the rest for hours. He always cleans up the kitchen after dinner, but I offered to do that if he preferred to continue on the yarn untangling project.

He said that was a good deal.

No, it wasn't.  

Hours to go before he sleeps.  

3 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I HATE when that happens! The whole time I'm untangling it, I'm thinking, "I could have been knitting..."

Sallyknit said...

Heard anything back from a Feza?

knittergran said...

Haven't heard anything---I might be stuck with this mess. Campbell is working on it. He has infinitely more patience than I do. Sarah gets this ability from him, not me!