Friday, March 27, 2009

What The ??????????????

Good question! This apparent mess will eventually be, if I don't toss the whole thing into a very long time out, a tea cozy. The pattern is in Tea Cozies by Guild of Master Craftsman Publications. It has patterns for thirty really cute tea cozies, and this sheep is my first project from the book.

I have knit loops before on a scarf for younger daughter, but I had forgotten how little fun they are to do. There are a couple of hundred required for this cute sheep, so I am slogging my way through.

We are having our second day of rain, with a third to follow (yay!), so I have lots of knitting time.

Now for a name; Penelope comes to mind, but I'm not sure yet. Suggestions?

5 comments:

hokgardner said...

There is only one name allowed - Shaun - from Wallace and Gromit, don't you know.

knittergran said...

Oh, I did forget. Shaun it is!

Mary Ellen said...

You never cease to amaze me. I didn't even know you COULD knit loops.

Keeffer said...

i was commenting to say shaun, but "someone" beat me to it

Keeffer said...

by the way- did you ever knit yourself a scarf like mine? that yarn doesn't really hold up through dry cleaning. its all fuzzy now. so if you do knit one for yourself- maybe look at a different yarn.

or don't let an end of it fall in a public toilet requiring dry cleaning in the first place.