Saturday, July 28, 2018

Where Have I Been?



Many, many people (none) have been asking where has Knittergran been?  What has she been doing?

So here is the answer.

Nothing, nowhere, nada.

I have been fighting sciatica for going on six weeks now. What a PAIN, literally. I have of course heard of sciatica, and I had thought that it was something to treat with some Advil and heat or ice and stretching, and the next day, BOOM, all better. Uh, no.

I have been examined, x-rayed, MRIed, injected, drugged, and physical therapied. And I'm still in PT. So I haven't been doing much at all. Not even knitting.  

I KNOW! How can that be?  

Anyway, enough whining. The weekend before the sciatica kicked into high gear, I bought an electric bike. The hills in this neighborhood preclude my riding out of here to get anyplace I want to go (i.e. my ultimate goal: the post office). I have to put my bike on the rack or whatever it's called on the Miata and drive to someplace to ride. Seems to defeat the purpose of riding a bike, right?

I don't know how this will work out because I HAVEN'T RIDDEN THE BIKE YET. My husband, older daughter and grandson have. They like it. I hope I do, but I am a bit suspicious that really, an electric bike is just an electric wheelchair in the shape of a bike.  I'm told that I will still have to pedal, but I don't know that because I HAVEN'T RIDDEN THE BIKE YET. (Still whining, sorry)


Generic e-bike.  Is it a bike or is it a wheelchair?

On the knitting front, I was still working on the Free Your Fade, but I haven't touched it until today when I took a photo of it. So it's a work in progress. Maybe this week....



Meanwhile, younger daughter has suggested that I knit her a Fair Isle sweater and when I protested that it would take me forever, she said that it was better that I knit her a Fair Isle sweater than that I knit all of the scarves and small projects that I make.  She is right, I suppose, but I am really bad at stranded knitting, and I hardly ever make sweaters that actually fit correctly, so it seems like a bad idea all around.

She wants one of these.  She too could have an ugly sweater:





Even Paul McCartney wears Fair Isle, or at least, he did once upon a time in black-and-white land.




My daughter is going to Scotland in August, and she says if I won't make her one, she'll buy a Fair Isle sweater there. Well, THAT'S a threat. hahaha

I say Go For It!


2 comments:

Sallyknit said...

Good to see you back at blogging. Hope to see you Thursday!

Keeffer said...

i'm going to buy one. if i wait for you to knit it i'll be able to wear it to my funeral.