Friday, May 30, 2008

Re-inventing the Wheel

This is probably something that every knitter but me knew already, but I just fixed the mistake I made on Tuesday--it has taken me three days to figure out something this simple (I shouldn't even be admitting it). I had dropped a bunch of stitches on my sock cuff, recovered all but one of them, and I just could not find that missing stitch. The more I struggled, the farther the run ran, if that makes sense.

A few minutes ago, I thought of turning the cuff inside out, and there was the dropped stitch! Just sitting there, waiting to be picked up. I got out my crochet hook, picked up the stitch, re-worked it and now I'm all set!

I realize that I could probably have asked another knitter for advice, but someone too dim-witted to think of looking at the inside of the cuff is also too dim-witted to ask for help...

No comments: