Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why Three and a Half Inches of Rain is a Good Thing

Even though I am starting to whine about the rain that has gone on for over two days.

This is a picture of Lake Lanier, the source of water for the Atlanta area. (More pictures are here.) The lake has looked this bad for a couple of years; it just hasn't rained much in the Southeast.

So, I shouldn't complain about the dark skies and rain and gloomy days. I'm glad for the rain, and glad that we do have more sunshine here in the winter than people in places like Alaska do, and where Becca has to live in darkness, even at 9:00 in the MORNING! I think it would take lots of happy lights (and drugs maybe) for me to live in such darkness.

But I am hoping that the rain will turn to snow as a cold front goes through. At least snow is pretty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking to me! I am so excited, Mrs G. commented on my blog today!!! I think she must have come from you.

(anyway, sunrise is at 10:05 this morning, sunset at 3:33)

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

calicobebop said...

Good Morning,

I came across your blog from Mrs. G's site. I loved your picture - I'm a huge Wallace and Grommit fan.

Anyway, I'm a new knitter so your site with it's pretty projects inspires me. I'll be checking back!