Tuesday, January 19, 2010

There Will Be Monkeys

That is what I am promised. I am off tomorrow for a week in Costa Rica.

For the past three years, friends and I have gone to Mexico, but this year we decided to go to CR instead. Mexico is unfortunately less and less safe for tourists, unless they stay put at a resort, and we rent houses in towns instead. So we've rented a place on the Pacific in Tamarindo, CR, and the owner of the house promises that we will see monkeys. There were some in the part of Mexico we visited last year, but we never saw them.

I just think animals belong in the wild and so I will consider the trip a great success if we see monkeys in their natural habitat. I don't want to meet them or feed them, just see them!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw howler monkeys in guatemala, they threw buts at me.

calicobebop said...

Beware of the poo-flinging and have fun!

Sigrun said...

You'll have a lovely trip, I'm sure. I tutor a young man from CR who is here on a work visa--working on the English so he can apply for permanent residency. Bon voyage!