Friday, May 21, 2010

This and That

I was out late (8:45) last night at a pre-pre-wedding dinner where I had lots of fun and possibly too much wine. So my mind is not working well today.

Topic one: The Satan Skirt


I really am knitting and knitting on this and on no other project, but I seem to be making little progress. I hope to have it ready for an evening wedding in October, but .... I just don't know. I am only into the second of TWELVE skeins.

Topic two: Consequences of too much time in the sun

I have to have Mohs surgery on Monday for an "active" type of squamous cell skin cancer. I've had this surgery before, but on apparently lazier forms of squamous cell cancers. So I'm a bit put out by all of this, but today the paperwork arrived for the surgery-permission forms, etc. and along with them was a question/answer section. One question was:

Q: Can I die from this?
A: Squamous Cell Carcinomas and Melanomas can spread to other parts of the body and may lead to death under certain circumstances.

And even though I did know this, and even though my dermatologist told me that I caught mine really early (it's small), seeing this in print did not improve my mood.

Topic three: The weather

According to the hyperventilating weather forecasters on television, we are about to get clobbered by terrible storms. It's dark out, and now I hear the first of the thunder. I just hope that no Oklahoma type tornadoes go through here.

And a bonus - some advice: If you know where something is, leave it there. (I can't find my glasses.)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I keep hearing from people about having skin cancers removed-I guess I should get a once over...hope all is well.