Monday, March 12, 2012

Inquiring Minds Want to Know

This arrived in my mailbox today:

It was postmarked, as you can see, on October 31, 2011.  Today is March 12, 2012.

Where has it been all of this time? Do the postal workers just leave these things sitting on shelves someplace?

I just called my friend, whose husband died in OCTOBER, to tell her what happened and to get the correct address for Hospice, a wonderful organization whose workers took such good care of Phil in his last month. She said that she had put the wrong address in the obituary but that everyone else had gotten their mail returned within days of sending it. Where this has been, I can't even guess.

And no, I haven't balanced the checkbook in a long time because everything is online, and I hadn't noticed that this check hadn't cleared, but still.....

No comments: