Friday, August 29, 2008

Are the inmates running the asylum

over at the McCain campaign?

I'm guessing that the governor of Alaska is a nice enough woman. But a heartbeat away from the Presidency??? She has been governor for two years and before that she was the mayor of a small (pop. 7,000) town and before that she was a PTA president.

John McCain is 72 years old today, and if elected, will be the oldest president at the time of his election in our history. He has had a couple of bouts of melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer. So to worry that he might not make it through four years is not wildly beyond imagination.

And then Sarah Palin takes over? She must give hope to PTA presidents everywhere...

2 comments:

Keeffer said...

I keep hearing people praise mccain for being the first to pick a female running mate for vp

I was only 7 but even I remember Geraldine Ferraro.

Maybe his fate will be the same as Mondale's?

Unknown said...

I am from Alaska so I guess I should respond. I think she's been a kick-ass governor and she would do a great job as VP. but yeah, maybe not as president.

I don't agree with a lot of her politics but I absoloutley love the ethics she stands for (the whole trooper gate thing is bullshiat, the brother in law SHOULD have been fired)and how she is showing people you can be a woman and a mom and do it all.