Monday, April 6, 2009

You Can Take Me Out

But apparently, you can't dress me up.

I am not one of those pulled-together women who always look perfect. Their hair is perfect; their nails are perfect; their makeup is perfect; their clothes are perfect. You get the picture. You might even BE the picture.

Saturday night we went to the symphony. I got all dressed up in new gray flannel dress that I just love, and topped it off with a blue pashmina wrap. Thank goodness.

When we returned to the house, my husband started to ask if I needed help with the zipper, and then said, "Oh, you've already partly unzipped the dress."

Oh, sh*t. (Remember, I don't swear.) No, I hadn't already unzipped the dress. I had never zipped it all the way up to start with. I had meant to ask my husband to zip it up all the way before we left the house. But hadn't. I just hope the pashmina was enough cover to hide my mistake.


On the good news front, while I was at my LYS this morning, buying more nylon (yuck) yarn to RE-MAKE ( don't ask)the Bunny Blanket for Elizabeth, I noticed this gorgeous stuff. The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. It is soft. It's 100% superfine alpaca. It's soft. It is natural colors-no dyes, just scoured. Did I mention it's soft? It is from alpaca raised in the Andes above 13,000 feet (I don't know what that has to do with anything, but the yarn sure is soft). AND there are approximately 600 yards of it!
I love it. I have no idea what it might turn into, but for now, I'm naming it and keeping it as a pet.

No comments: