Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Another Odd Business

Younger daughter, who lives in LA and who has introduced me to odd little-known businesses, told me about a van she saw driving through the city. On the side is a sign saying Post-Rapture Pet Care.

No joke. I looked on Google and discovered that there are post-rapture pet care businesses all over. I even found one in the UK.

I am not a rapture scholar, and so I don't know much about it, but what I can figure out from reading some of the advertising is that when the rapture happens, all the good people, the true believers, will go off someplace (the sky?) and the pets they own will be left behind.

To the rescue come the atheists. A number of the ads promise that the staff are all atheists, and since they will be left behind too, they will take care of the pets of those who have been whisked away.

Sort of brings to mind what has been mistakenly attributed to P.T. Barnum: "There's a sucker born every minute, ..."

I do wonder if they actually have clients.

[photo: Google Images]

3 comments:

calicobebop said...

Wow. Just, wow. Well, it's good to know that the pets of the true believers will not suffer for their owner's faith.

I can't wait to bring this up in conversation... :)

Unknown said...

My favorite one is jesuspets.com, go look at their website, it mentions protection from the threat of your pets being eaten by heathens...LOL!!!! I actually discussed this with the hubby a while back, about getting a franchise. It's free money form what I can see.

knittergran said...

It's only free money if you don't pay for a franchise!