Tuesday, February 16, 2010

In a Fit of Temporary Insanity

I decided to knit little, bitty parts...of American Girl Doll sweaters. I hope the insanity is temporary-I'm sure I'm going to hate sewing the bitty parts together.

This all started last week when a childhood friend, whom I've known since kindergarten ( I think it's great that we're still in touch, since we've both moved well away from where we grew up-Hi Susan!) e-mailed a link to pictures of matching outfits she had sewn for her two granddaughters and their American girl dolls. They were adorable! And I thought "No way!"

But the idea kept pestering me and I gave in. So the first sweater is almost finished; I just have to pick up stitches around the neck (no fun there) after I sew the pieces together. And then, since I have two granddaughters with American Girl Dolls, I have to make the second sweater. I must cast it on very, very soon - maybe as soon as I post this - or this could turn into the doll clothing version of the dreaded Second Sock Syndrome!

And H, don't tell the girls. If I finish both sweaters, it will be a surprise (for them as well as for me, possibly).

3 comments:

Sigrun said...

I think I'd be rethinking the patterns to knit in one piece for the body, and maybe on circulars for the sleeves. The girls will be thrilled. Are you planning matching girls' sweaters?

Unknown said...

they will love them!

calicobebop said...

You're the best grandmother around! Knitting teeny tiny stuff for dolls? That's awesome - hats off to your patience!