Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Progress

Of sorts.

I'm not going along as quickly as I would have thought on this skirt, but then, I wasn't thinking too clearly when I decided to make this. There is the underskirt and then the various ruffle layers attached to the underskirt. This means I am knitting the skirt twice, and it is 40 inches long. The bottom ruffle is on the right side of the photo and I have run out of yarn. Once I finish the ruffle above, I will try it on again to see if the skirt is long enough or if I will have to order more yarn.

What keeps me going, aside from sheer stubborness and the fact that I do love the finished skirts I have seen, is that Sallyknits is making one too, and she is far, far ahead of me. In fact, based on what she was knitting at last week's knit-night, I'll bet her skirt will be finished by this Thursday's knit-night. It's beautiful and it serves as motivation for me to keep going, even when I am tired of working on it. I spent the weekend frogging nine rows, then knitting four rows, then frogging three rows. I apparently think of the feather and fan pattern as so easy that I don't have to pay proper attention to what I am doing.

Here is my new invention! It is a homemade bobbin to hold the yarn for the bottom ruffle. I'm sure it's just like the bobbins people made before there was plastic, but I did feel like a genius when I came up with the idea. Doesn't take much, does it?



1 comment:

sallyknit said...

Closing in on the finish and then I have to get some elastic for the waistband and oh, some Spanx!