Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Progress?


This may look like progress but it doesn't feel like progress.

I've been knitting, purling, ssk-ing, psso-ing, inc-ing, dec-ing and all the other 'ings there are, but I feel as if I'm working on the same round over and over and over and.....

I ran out of yarn for the bottom ruffle and had to order more. The yarn has arrived, but I'm waiting until I finish the whole skirt (if that should EVER happen) before I knit the bottom in order to make sure the skirt is the correct length. Too short - that I could fix...just add more. Too long - run screaming from the house.

I almost ran out of yarn for the next ruffle up, but just made it, I hope. The bottom of that ruffle has to hide the top of the bottom ruffle.

The ruffle I am working on now just goes nowhere. I swear that it doesn't get any longer, no matter how much time I work on it. I'm almost out of yarn from the first skein, and that yarn must be going somewhere, but I don't see it. The second skein better get somewhere...

Really, it had better get somewhere. I am both bored and annoyed by this project, and it's getting more and more difficult to look forward to the end result. I started a second project to break up the boredom and it's pretty and a nice break. It's on size 2 needles (Signature needles with the stiletto point and so far I've managed not to stick them in my ears)knit with sock yarn and it's a scarf, so it will be a long-term project. A very long-term project. But it just needs to be finished by cold weather in LA, so I'm OK.



But the skirt??? Sweet Mother of Purl, let it end!!! Please, just let it END!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yet another reason do not knit.

I am excited to see how that skirt looks when it finally ends.

Sallyknit said...

You are too funny. Remember, it is the process!

Susan said...

Looking at it I can't even imagine what it will look like! I am glad you have the vision - now you just need to maintain the patience!