Thursday, January 13, 2011

Waiting

For the snow to leave. I passed this guy as I left the neighborhood for the first time since the snow came. The roads were iffy, some places wet, some slushy, and some solid ice.

But the grocery store is about two miles away, and I was desperate to get out of the house, and to get some junk food. My left eye is oozing green goo (you're welcome) so I probably shouldn't have gone anyplace, but I really, really wanted some new food.

I did find what was described as an all butter chocolate croissant. Score! And I would have bought some chocolate milk, but they were all out of anything but a few quarts of 2% white milk. I bought some Chex Mix---yay---and just to be healthy, some fruit.

But I've already eaten the croissant and some Chex Mix.

The fruit can wait.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Think of it this way: you need the extra fat to help keep you warm because you're a fragile magnolia unaccustomed to the cold...

Susan said...

That is a cute snowman!

Did you buy some Ovaltine for the milk? My kids loved that stuff.