Saturday, September 3, 2011

Finally!

I've finished a project!!! It's the Clapotis (here on Ravelry) that I started in May. It's easy, fun and a great take-along project. The only change in the pattern from row to row comes before the first marker and after the last. The rest of the row remains the same, over and over. The rows on the back are purl rows. This took such a long time because I made it with Malabrigo sock yarn (Persia color).

I think this is the first thing I've finished in F.O.R.E.V.E.R.I'm working on this sweater for my younger daughter. Unlike the Clapotis, EVERY row in the 24-row repeat is different. I can't knit this at knit night because I can't concentrate well enough, and I doubt that I could recruit another knitter there to read every row to me so that I could work on it. They are nice people, but they expect to be able to work on their own knitting.

Maybe a bribe????

1 comment:

Mary said...

congratulations on the clapotis - it's lovely (and isn't blocking amazing how all the dropped stitches turn into straight pieces of yarn?)!

...good luck on the sweater. yeah, it's hard to have a "pay attention every row" pattern for knit night! - morning coffee, by myself at my kitchen table, is my time for patterns like that!