Friday, January 18, 2013

Why I Love the Internet

Because it knows EVERYTHING!!!  And it shares with me!

I am finally knitting the i-cord onto the Volt wrap I finished a few months ago.


I didn't know how to pick up stitches to work from the finished sides of the wrap, so I googled (a new verb!  Isn't that nice!) How to pick up stitches for an applied i-cord, or something like that, and up came this video that showed me exactly how to do it.

Then I needed to turn a corner, so I googled something along the lines of How to knit a corner for applied i-cord, and up came this video, showing me exactly how to do it.

So I am i-cording along (not my made up verb but that of the narrator of the video) and it is going well, and certainly more quickly than I expected.

Also, before I even began, I checked out this blog post to see another way of joining the i-cord to the wrap.  Much neater, much quicker.

So I am in love with the internet.

********************************
Now, as a bonus, especially for you non-knitters (shame on you), this is a photo I have borrowed from younger daughter.  It is a billboard in the Los Angeles area:

I'm confused.  Is the current correct response to becoming engaged to use obscenities???

Nice.

Lucky guy.

*******************************
Oh, and while we are talking about verbs (we were, weren't we?), this topic springs to mind because of a conversation older daughter overheard the other day.  There was a mother at ballet practice talking with another mother, and she said that she was so upset that movie-makers had violentized  (I'm not even sure how to spell that) The Hobbit movie.  She was just so tired of everything being violentized.  Now there's a verb.  I wonder if it will catch on.   

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

I really enjoyed the post. For all the fun things and educational things, the internet is also a time-stealer: time from housework, sometimes from knitting, time from sleeping. Would I give it up?(I mean the internet, not housework, knitting or sleeping)#$%@ No!