Friday, July 18, 2014

So Far, So Good

We have four children here, ages 13, 11, 7, and 5.  I think they are having a good time even though we haven't done anything exciting. I did, however, take all four to the mall, something my daughter claims she has never done.  They were well behaved, of course, and we accomplished all of our tasks:  the American Girl Doll store for the two younger girls, a phone case for the oldest girl, and the Lego store for grandson. (OMG.  Don't MAKE me go in a Lego store again, y'all. Apparently making decisions is real hard for a seven year old!) 

For the finale, the youngest three rode the carousel.  

The biggest accomplishment for me was that I made brisket,Texas brisket, using a Pioneer Woman recipe. Everyone thought it was really good, except for my little Texas grandson, who announced that it was NOT like Texas barbecue brisket. Then he had three servings.  

This is all that is left of 3.5 pounds of brisket.



It is on a small salad plate.

Maybe enough for a sandwich, I'm not sure.



This morning we had the two younger girls swooning over this:



It is their mother's dollhouse and oh, my. They were entranced and I heard the word "adorable" over and over. They took everything out of it, cleaned it up, and then set about furnishing it.  

Now they are off with Grandpa for some Varsity lunch. Their mother and I are enjoying the quiet......

No comments: