Wednesday, September 17, 2014

If I Were Three and Twenty


I have been accused, by some closed-minded members of my family, of having somewhat/ very tacky taste.

And I posit that I might just have been born too soon. 

If I were younger, I would have:

a teeny-tiny diamond nose stud,


not my nose, not my diamond

a flowery tattoo on the side of my right foot, like Joss Stone does,

not my feet, they're Joss Stone's


very sparkly eyeliner,

not my eye

or, be still my heart!!!!! sequined um, eyeliner?  eyeshadow?  Whatever it is, I LOVE it.

not my eye either...I hear someone in my family breathing a sigh of relief.

But because I am a few decades past three and twenty, this is all the glitz I dare to wear:





Nail color that is teal or turquoise, whatever you call it. I call it my favorite color.  

When I'm eighty, I will wear all the other stuff. If I remember to.

1 comment:

sallyknit said...

I think you should go for it! There is no time like the present. After all, the eyeliner will wash off. You could do a temporary tattoo-the real one would hurt too much! Not sure about the "nose" diamond but I love the toe polish!!