Monday, September 22, 2014

"Well, Swertz,"


as my older daughter said when we told her she was not allowed to use grown-up expletives.  Not that she would have learned them from us, of course.

Remember how I've told you that I'm a genius? Not modest, but a genius?

Turns out, I'm not.




How do I know?

Well, in the photo above, where there are five purl stitches there should be three. Where there are three purl stitches, there should be five. I don't know HOW I managed to mess this up, but I do know how I'm going to fix it.

My first thought was that I would just rip all 127 stitches out.  Ouch.

But then I realized that I'm only seven rows in, and I can just take the first two of the three knit stitches back and turn them into purl stitches, and take the first two of the five purl stitches back and turn them into knit stitches.

Right?  I think it will work.

Easy peasy, nice and breezy, as my youngest granddaughter says.

I hope.


UPDATE:

It was easy!!!

3,6 (not 5, I was wrong about the count), 3


Took one crochet hook and less than five minutes. 




No comments: