Sunday, September 7, 2014

Whew!

My younger daughter is in Ireland and just bought this beautiful hand knit sweater:



Why do I say Whew?  Because she has asked me for ages to knit one of these for her and I have delayed, delayed and delayed some more.

I did knit a pullover similar to this when I was in college, but when I was in my 20's and stupid, I accidentally felted it.  No need to take this to the dry cleaner's, thought I.  I can wash this on a gentle cycle in the washer.


The sweater I made.  It is VERY small.

The sweater was clean, but much, much smaller after the wash. In my defense, I had never heard of felting and it was only the second sweater I had ever knit. Some of my granddaughters could possibly wear it, but it is VERY dense and VERY warm.  They live in Texas....

I can make a pillow from it and someone suggested using the arms as wine cozies (NO! NO! NO!) but I haven't worked up the courage to cut it up.  

So I am happy that I don't have to knit another one and I'm sure my daughter prefers the authentic Irish-knit sweater that she has bought.  I know I do.

No comments: