Sunday, December 14, 2014

I Am So Disillusioned...

I have always had complete faith in blocking. Blocking fixes EVERYTHING!!!

No. No it doesn't. My faith is shattered.



These are the sleeves for the State Fair cardigan I am making for my daughter. When I was knitting them, the total length measured around 16" more or less. Now that they are blocked, they measure 24". That is seven inches longer than they should be! 

Blocking stretched them to their actual length, I guess.  

I also guess I will be frogging the sleeve cap and seven inches of the sleeve. 

I just finished the right front and have started the left front. I thought that I was nearly finished, but my daughter is a human, not an orangutan.

#$%^&*()_!

Update:  Dumb, dumb, dumb. Put your glasses on, knittergran. The problem just didn't seem logical to me, so I checked again. I had read the measurement chart wrong and had not added the cap measurement to the sleeve-up-to-the-cap measurement. The sleeve is the correct length.  

Whew...


2 comments:

Sigrun said...

I'm going to sound like a cliché: did you wash and block your gauge swatch? Just think: double the knitting pleasure for that yarn.

Suburban Correspondent said...

So it's good, right? Hooray! I messed up on the LAST ROW of some fingerless mitts this morning and had to pull back a few rows and then I dropped stitches and I couldn't find them and I finally had to beg a friend to help. Traumatic, I tell you...