Tuesday, April 26, 2016

One Day Short of A Month!


I did it!  I finished my Umaro and I love it. It took a day less than a month, and according to my Knit Companion app, it also took 48 hours and 18 seconds of knitting. I am not so OCD or whatever that I would normally even know this, but the app tracks the time that the app is open, which it always was while I was working on this because the pattern was charted.


Before soaking.


Based on a conversation another knitter had with the owner of Apple Yarns, who recommended wet-blocking the blanket, I soaked this:


Heavy, sodden blanket

Heavy, sodden towels

What happens when a knitted wool blanket gets soaked?  It GROWS! It is now 46" x 77".


I didn't think to measure it before soaking, but it wasn't nearly this large. It grew about a foot in width and more than that in length.

I have the ceiling fan going overhead and I hope that will help it dry before the Rapture. I'd like to have a chance to gift it or use it.




5 comments:

Sallyknit said...

Gorgeous!

hokgardner said...

cough*gift*cough

Amanda W. said...

Beautiful!

Amanda W. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for polentas