Wednesday, February 14, 2018

I Won!


At yarn chicken.

I finished this last night:



Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere, color Cabaret
It's so SOFT!


It's the One and Done by Casapinka and I am happy with the finished result, but boy howdy, did I almost not make it.  The pattern mentions that some people have run out of yarn, even with 400 yards and that's all I had.  I kept weighing the yarn as I was working the border section to see how much two rows used, and figuring that I had enough. Yes, I did, but then I wanted to do the Picot bind off and there was no way to know if I could finish it. I did! With a whole two yards to go. I'll make another, I'm sure; we knitters NEVER have enough scarves, right?  right?  RIGHT????


So now I'm down to three projects going at the same time, the Weekender sweater, a pair of socks and the dreaded Papillon.


I have finished the first section. I think there are three---I haven't read ahead in the pattern to know because it's so confusing and I don't need any more confusion with this project, thank you very much. 

Having a fiddly project like this one, one that I keep finding ways to avoid, is a good way to get other projects finished! 


No comments: