Monday, January 5, 2009

As Seen On TV....or Not

To continue with the topic of M.E.'s post and younger daughter's post:


I present to you the cell phone-garage door opener-pen-holder whatchamacallit thingy.

I think it's brilliant. I received it as a stocking-stuffer type Christmas gift, and I wish I had invented it. I don't know if it's ever been featured on As-Seen-On-TV ads, but if not, it sure should be. I don't know where it came from or where you can get one, but you should look for one. I can't count the number of times I have had my phone fall from my lap, where I had forgotten I put it, onto the pavement when I got out of the car. And I can NEVER find a pen when the drive-through teller asks me to sign something. And the garage door remote? We just had to put in a new opener, and the new remote is so tiny that I fumble around in the junk portion of the dash to find it. This thingy fits in the cup holder, holds all this stuff, and all my problems are now solved.

And if Mary Ellen says that the Sham-Wows work as promised, then those will be my next purchase - although I'd rather find them locally. But no matter what younger daughter says about the Kinoki pads, I'm NOT trying those. They look disgusting!!!

Oh, and wait! There's more!!!

Older daughter taught me a cure for hiccouphs and it works!!! I promise. While I was at her house, I had the hiccouphs. Older daughter asked me what I had had for dinner the night before, what I had had for lunch, and what I had had for breakfast. I sort of knew what she was up to but played along. As soon as I started thinking about previous meals in order to answer her questions, the hiccouphs stopped! They really did. The trick is to distract the sufferer and make her focus on something else.

So that's a bonus for my faithful readers. :-)

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

Wow - I've been linked! I'm flattered that my ramblings were interesting enough to read, let alone link! You'll have to check back next weekend - I promise to have product reviews - maybe even with photos!